Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Introduction

Moderators: earthjig, anima

Rick88
United States of America

Introduction

Post by Rick88 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself real quick! I am an Asturian-American living in Portland, OR. My family came here to America to work in the Zinc smelters for Andrew Carnegie back in the early 1900's. Like many other families from Asturias, both sides of my family lived in towns where Carnegie had Zinc smelters (Cherryvale, KS, Donora, PA, etc) so those towns had large Asturian communities, which I believe is a blessing because it allowed our bloodlines to continue and I can say that I have no other blood in me. Donora, PA was an amazing town with a large Asturian community, a large social club on top of a hill in town (which is still there and the remaining Asturians still meet there) Of course all of the mills and smelters shut down in the late 60's and everyonbe scattered across the country. We left Donora, PA and wound up in Southern California....I later left and came here to Portland, OR. I apologize, this may not be the place for this subject, I just wanted to give you a little background on myself. I have always wanted to play the gaita and have finally decided to start taking the steps, I am really glad I found this forum! I was reading some of the posts in here and notices a couple people mentioned someone here in Oregon a few times, I would like to hear more information about him if possible. Thank you all for your time and I look forward to speaking with you in the future!

anima
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Introduction

Post by anima » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:33 pm

I deleted the prior response as I am pretty sure it was a spam account (I deleted the user also). I try to keep them out but eventually they find a way past the filters. I tighten things up , but it is a never-ending struggle.

The user in Oregon was Oregaitero, try PM'ing him and if you dont get a response let me know and we can see we can find another way to reach him.

Do you have a set of pipes yet?

jeff
The Managment....