Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Galician Bagpipes vs Redpipes

Moderators: earthjig, anima

luxenor

Galician Bagpipes vs Redpipes

Post by luxenor » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi. I've been wanting to buy a galician bagpipe but recently heard about Redpipes from Rolf Jost (http://redpipes.eu/). I've seen many videos on youtube and it seems pretty good in my opinion. I'm from Mexico and both instruments are difficult to get here, only by online shops. I like a lot galician bagpipes but I'm not pretty sure about their maintenance, and as I said I'm from Mexico, so every reed or any replacement would be hard to get. Besides, with Redpipes you can play 4 different kind of bagpipes and with headphones. Which are your opinions? Any help could be helpful. Thanks in advance :D .

anima
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Galician Bagpipes vs Redpipes

Post by anima » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:54 pm

I have yet to hear an electronic pipe that was as good as an analog one

I get my reeds from tununtunumba in Madrid... no problem maintaining my set on this side of the world. The internet makes many things possible.
The Managment....

luxenor

Post by luxenor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Do you know how good are tununtunumba's galician bagpipes? I've considered to buy one from there since I bought some whistles, but not sure about their bagpipes.

anima
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by anima » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:02 pm

I bought an extra chanter in Bubinga for my current set from them, it plays great, very happy with it. I believe (but cannot prove) that maybe the maker is Represas.
The Managment....