Galician Bagpipes vs Redpipes

Moderators: earthjig, anima

Traduzca

Galician Bagpipes vs Redpipes

Postby luxenor » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi. I've been wanting to buy a galician bagpipe but recently heard about Redpipes from Rolf Jost (http://redpipes.eu/). I've seen many videos on youtube and it seems pretty good in my opinion. I'm from Mexico and both instruments are difficult to get here, only by online shops. I like a lot galician bagpipes but I'm not pretty sure about their maintenance, and as I said I'm from Mexico, so every reed or any replacement would be hard to get. Besides, with Redpipes you can play 4 different kind of bagpipes and with headphones. Which are your opinions? Any help could be helpful. Thanks in advance :D .
luxenor

Re: Galician Bagpipes vs Redpipes

Postby anima » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:54 pm

I have yet to hear an electronic pipe that was as good as an analog one

I get my reeds from tununtunumba in Madrid... no problem maintaining my set on this side of the world. The internet makes many things possible.
The Managment....
anima
Site Admin

Postby luxenor » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:56 pm

Do you know how good are tununtunumba's galician bagpipes? I've considered to buy one from there since I bought some whistles, but not sure about their bagpipes.
luxenor

Postby anima » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:02 pm

I bought an extra chanter in Bubinga for my current set from them, it plays great, very happy with it. I believe (but cannot prove) that maybe the maker is Represas.
The Managment....
anima
Site Admin

Return to Gaita Galega y Asturiana/Galician and Asturian Bagpipes