Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Seivane

Moderators: earthjig, anima

finngaitero

Seivane

Post by finngaitero » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:07 pm

What do U think about pipes and their's webshop service..Pros and cons, your experiments please

Celtpastor

Re: Seivane

Post by Celtpastor » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Imho, he makes the best Gaitas I ever had the pleasure to play (Luife will know some less wellknown makers that probably make even better instrus, but not as many of them) - but he knows that, so he makes'em a bit more expansive...

oregaiteiro

Post by oregaiteiro » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:46 pm

I have several gaitas by Seivane, and they are wonderful instruments. They play easily, the workmanship is unbeatable, and they sound marvelous. They are at the top end of the price range in Galicia, but well worth every penny. I currently have a Gaita in G, with ronco, Ronqueta and Chillon de pallon, in boxwood, one in D made of granadillo, with a similar drone configuration, one in C# in boxwood with ronco and ronqueta that converts to C, and one in Pau Santo in Bb, with a ronco and a chillon de payeta. All fantastic. I have both open and closed punterios for most of them as well.

LuifeSpain

Post by LuifeSpain » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Put some photos my Friend! I would like to see your G gaita. Do you have a closed chanter for this bagpipe? It´s sounds well in closed-fingering?

I´m looking for a G chanter but I don´t know if it can be very good made in closed fingering.

Celtpastor

Post by Celtpastor » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:05 am

@oregaiteiro: Does the G-chanter overblow into 2nd octave as well?

oregaiteiro

Post by oregaiteiro » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:42 pm

When I get home later this week I'll put some fotos up of my gaitas.
The G gaita is open fingering - and overblows two notes. A very lovely sounding instrument.
More soon

oregaiteiro

Post by oregaiteiro » Tue May 05, 2009 11:45 am

I did put some photos up, under the pictures of your gaita heading.