Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

pipers ..cd's etc

Moderators: earthjig, anima

finngaitero

pipers ..cd's etc

Post by finngaitero » Sat May 02, 2009 4:23 pm

WHERE ?.CALICIAN BANDS..

Celtpastor

Re: pipers ..cd's etc

Post by Celtpastor » Tue May 05, 2009 6:33 pm

From someone rather coming from the international celtic scene, having toured Galicia for some time:
- Berroguetto - contemporary Galician music - creative and great!"Urticaria" is the best! :o
- Xose Manuel Budino - especially his first albums - "Paralaia" is an alltime favourite ;)
- Pepe Vaamonde - I really like his old Solo-Stuff
- Luar na Lubre (of course) - forget about their modern Pop-Music - they get to their absolute heights at their old, acoustic stuff - "Ara Solis" is just incredible! :P

anima
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by anima » Wed May 06, 2009 11:07 am

Celtpastor wrote: creative and great!"Urticaria" is the best! :o

HaHaHa, that is pretty funny. :-)

I'm a doctor, in medical English, urticaria is an itchy skin rash from an allergic reaction. I've never heard anyone say it is "the best" :D http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urticaria :D
The Managment....

Celtpastor

Post by Celtpastor » Wed May 06, 2009 5:40 pm

...that was the reason they called it like that - itching You to make You dance (so it says in the booklet) ;-) In fact, these guys ARE funny! Their core started off in the late 80ies/very early 90ies with some other people, also a guy called "Carlos Nunez" (ever heard about him..? ;) ), in the Band "Matto Congrio" - really creative stuff... Now, at some point, Nunez went on solo and was really hyped, beginning to turn to more mainstream, conventional, pop-music like stuff (like he still does today - real nice guy, though, and an incredible Piper...). Half of the band came with him, the other half decided to dig deeper into Galician roots, yet be more creative still - that's Berroguetto! 8-)

Btw - I still think about founding a German "medieval" band and calling it "Ungues Incarnati" - what d'You think..? :lol:

LuifeSpain

Post by LuifeSpain » Thu May 07, 2009 5:00 pm

About Basic Discography about Galician Bagpipes:

-1.- AS FONTES MUSICAIS. Piper: Juanjo Fernandez. (Closed-fingering master). Good cd with Gaita and Percusion, and some songs with voice and percusion.

http://www.cumio.com/catalogo.php?titul ... &id_tipo=2

-2 PABLO CARPINTERO. Piper: Pablo Carpintero. A good cd played only with ancient bagpipes, very good for know about the history og Galician Bagpipe.

http://www.cumio.com/catalogo.php?id_ti ... carpintero

3.- PABLO SEOANE. FLUINDO EN PECHADO
PABLO SEOANE. GAITEIRO Two discs from Pablo Seoane, the best closed-fingering piper for me. You can write him to: pedrouso@hotmail.com

Another good discs are:

FOLIADA NAS RIAS BAIXAS (Various pipers playing to honour the great piper Ricardo Portela)

IV CONCURSO DE GAITEIROS MANUEL VILLANUEVA ( A piping competition)

And ALL discs from the collection OS NOSOS GAITEIROS (our Pipers): Old pipers and very interesting ways of playing.

Celtpastor

Post by Celtpastor » Thu May 07, 2009 6:22 pm

Well, Luife - obviously, You're a true traditionalist... :mrgreen:

LuifeSpain

Post by LuifeSpain » Thu May 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Yes, you know me, I love Traditional Music. Tradition is a treasure.

In Spain the bagpipe is traditionally a constant element in Religion: you will find it in Processions, Eucharist, Weddings, Funerals...

One of the most beautifull things I have listened is the Kyrie Eleison with asturian bagpipe and voice.....Simply perfect...