Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Chanters for Sale

Moderators: earthjig, anima

LuifeSpain

Chanters for Sale

Post by LuifeSpain » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Hi Gaiteiros, I´m selling some of my personals chanters:

D BOXWOOD CHANTER by Bao: Bao was one of the old makers, very famous in his time, like Seivane. He made powerfull gaitas with very loud drones. This chanter is a copy of an old model, It can play in open and closed fingering. It´s a little curved and it has an imitation ivory ring, sounds really good. Price: 130 euros + shipping.

A BOXWOOD CHANTER by Miguel Casado ( http://www.miguelcasado.com/ ): This is NOT A GALICIAN CHANTER. It´s from Zamora, so it´s in A Minor, tuned in A=440 Hzs. It´s a very big chanter with granadillo ring and it comes with a plastic reed. Very good chanter. Price: 100 euros + shipping.

I can send photos and recordings.

If some of you are interested write me to notelodigo62@hotmail.com

Best regards!

Luife

anima
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Chanters for Sale

Post by anima » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:07 am

I'd like to see some photos Luife. Will either or both of these chanters plug into a "standard" gaita stock? Are reeds readily available?

Jeff
The Managment....

LuifeSpain

Re: Chanters for Sale

Post by LuifeSpain » Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:49 pm

I can show the two chanters but the A model is reserved to Yuri ;)

Reeds are very quickly to get, I send the chanters with their reeds, the D one uses a normal D reed for Galician Gaita, and the A one uses a plastic one or an A normal reed for Galician Gaita. The A chanter fits in a normal stock, but I have to delete the cork for put in a smaller stock. The D chanter needs a bigger stock than the modern ones. It has really big holes.

Remember your email address, anima/Jeff :P