Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

My new set

Moderators: earthjig, anima

finngaitero

My new set

Post by finngaitero » Sat May 09, 2009 4:19 am

Just confirm order of Varela made 2-drone grenadillset....with goodluck here between 2weeks ;)

LuifeSpain

Re: My new set

Post by LuifeSpain » Sat May 09, 2009 7:47 am

Well my Dear Friend......We need to make your "first Galician Repertorie".... I´ll try to find some good songs for start.

finngaitero

Post by finngaitero » Mon May 11, 2009 1:13 pm

ou jees,thiskinda stuff I'll need

finngaitero

Post by finngaitero » Sat May 16, 2009 7:58 am

Pipes will be send next monday...Jiihaa :D

LuifeSpain

Post by LuifeSpain » Sat May 16, 2009 10:19 am

Congratulations friend!!! A Varela bagpipe is a serious thing, you have buy a profesional instrument and if you want, you will find a lot of pleasure playing it. I know a lot of really good pipers in Galicia that plays Varela Bagpipes, and another good reason for select Varela is that he is a really good piper, so he makes the instrument knowing the real desires of a piper.

You have the moral doubt of upload a photo of the pipes (and you playing them) when they arrived :P

finngaitero

Post by finngaitero » Tue May 26, 2009 12:35 pm

Set arrived today few hours ago, ..it took 4days from Chigaco to Finland , really nice, basic" Dark set(2drones)= grenadille with black mounts,black bag ... but best thing. sounds great ...quite hard also to compare sound etc with anyhow becouse seems to be now the first Gaita in Finland :D
So nice when chanter plays 1.5 octaves and easy and good sounding crossfingerings.Hardest thing is to keep pinky away from tone hole... just like opposoite to GHB...
Playing pressure is also comfortable to hold,but the blowpipe valve is someway weird, rubberplate with screw ...ever seen such.I think that I'll buy "little Mac valve" instead that,much better bags backpressure hold.
well ,after now few hours playing tuning...muiniera Chantada ,Marcha procesional dos Mato , rumba Sabeline goes :D ....but the differnt feeling with chanters character neeeds quite much paractising.So harmfull that no teacher available here....(same with UP,border, and GHB)..

Mikko
"the only gaitaplayer in Finland"

LuifeSpain

Post by LuifeSpain » Tue May 26, 2009 1:28 pm

Ohhh yeah!!! Congratulations Friend!!! You are now a Gaiteiro!!!

When I play open Fingering, I put the pinkie finger over the hole, and a lot of people do it. I say more: sometimes I put the pinkie and the hearth finger over their holes playing in open fingering. So don´t be afraid to do this, a lot of people do in this way. It´s true that there are some people that put the pinkie hole in the space near to the hole, and not over the hole. But don´t worry, you are playing Galician Bagpipes, we haven´t "THE METHOD", but we have "THE METHODS". Play in the best way for you :P

You can buy a MacValvle or.....YOU CAN USE SEIPON, FROM SEIVANE :p

http://www.seivane.es/ga/documentacion/index3.html

Very curious thing, isn´t it?

I understand you very well....I´m the only piper from Almeria... I live in Spain, yes, but in the south, in the more distant point from Galicia :P But WE CAN DO!!!

anima
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by anima » Tue May 26, 2009 5:39 pm

finngaitero wrote:seems to be now the first Gaita in Finland :D
So nice when chanter plays
Did it bring warm weather with it too? Maybe playing the gaita so close to the arctic circle will speed up global warming? :mrgreen:
The Managment....

finngaitero

Post by finngaitero » Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 am

Offcourse, guy in northern Finland causes this all...more I hope that playing could fade out our mosquitos at the summertime...if it works if will be a goldmine for me :D